Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Travelling in Belitung

In the last blog post, I mentioned that I went for a holiday with my family and we were going to Belitung and Bangka Island. In this blog post I will share about my travel in Belitung Island. 

Belitung is a small island on the south side of Sumatra, Indonesia. My family and I went with an airplane for 1 hour from Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia.

We stay in BW Suite because it is close to most of the places that we were going to visit in Belitung.


BW Suite Room

For culinary there are some places that I think worth to visit:
1. Selera Kita Restaurant (Siau Yin)
2. RM Shinta Sari

Fishballs at RM Shinta Sari

3. Dynasty Restaurant
4. Yammian Achoi + kue basah

Yammien Achoi

There are also tourist attractions that I think every visitors should see:
1. Tanjung Tinggi Beach
Tanjung Tinggi

2. Replicate of Sekolah Laskar Pelangi
3. Andrea Hirata's Words Museum

Museum Kata Andrea Hirata

4. Kampoeng Ahok and Ahok's House 
5. Five small islands: Pulau Burung, Pulau Pasir, Pulau Lengkuas, Pulau Kepayang, and Pulau Batu Belayar

Feeding Fish at Pulau Lengkuas

6. Kaolin Mining Lake 

Kaolin Mining Lake

Overall Belitung has a sunny humid weather with some short rains because it is located in the equator line. Most of the tourist attraction located in the beach and has big rocks, so it is important to wear a nice comfortable shoes. Seafoods are mostly serve in all restaurants and if you are going to visit Belitung, you should order the Fish Balls. Three nights four days is an ideal time to stay in Belitung. 

No comments:

Post a Comment